- Made from fibres extracted from Eucalyptus and Acacia, the Ergobaby Aura is 100% Viscose, beautifully soft and one of the lightest, coolest wraps on the market.
- Weight tested from 3.5 kg (8 lb) to 13.5 kg (30 lb)
- Realistically works right from day 1 for higher birth weight babies and strength of material means this carrier remains supportive as baby grows provided you get the tightness right.
- One way stretch means that this isn't the easiest wrap to pre-tie and pop baby in and out of. Works really well if you tie around you and baby (carry #3 shown here) but the standard pre-tie method can be tricky to get right making this wrap a little harder to use at first compared with the Hana Baby, Izmi Baby or Lifft wraps.
- Wrap is very long making it a good choice for plus sized parents but may feel very long for more petite frames. For an easier to use Plus sized friendly brand check out the Hana Baby in regular (not shortie) length. For more petite parents the Hana baby in shortie size is a great choice.
- Different coloured stitching on the top and bottom hems make this wrap ideal for beginners
- Intergrated storage pouch
The Ergobaby Aura wrap is a super light yet strong, summer friendly option. Great for warm climates or the height of summer, but its lack of two way stretch means this isn't the easiest wrap to use and get the hang of quickly. Consequently its just not one of my top choices for new parents, anyone who is a bit more nervous or just getting started. You can find my full review of this wrap here and see how it compares to many other stretchy wrap brands here, and finally find all my tutorials on how to use stretchy wraps in a variety of different carries here.
Hire it and see how it works for you! Choose a 12 week hire to rent for the whole 4th trimester - saving both the planet and your wallet from bying something new that you might only need for a few months. Or hire for a month or a couple of weeks to get through the height of summer or a trip away.