If you’re looking for a lightweight carrier that packs down small while not compromising on comfort this definitely ticks all the boxes. Part of the genius of this carrier is how simple it is. Designed to be really intuitive to use, without any added bells or whistles or fiddly extra bits. Just really clever minimal design that ensures it fits a huge range of sizes and shapes of parents, men and women, and a huge range of babies. Offering versatility in how you carry your baby without adding loads of bulk! Meaning that this carrier is a top choice among parents looking for something to use around the home and parents looking for something to use on long walks out and about.
- Weight tested from 3.2 kg (7 lb) to 16 kg (35 lb)
- Realistically fits babies all the way from 6 weeks or so until approximately 2 years of age.
- Offers 4 carrying positions (Front inward, Front Outward, Hip and Back)
- Integrated cinching strap makes it easy peasy to adjust the carrier width for a perfect fit as baby grows (with no infant insert or fiddly extra bits)
- Super light material molds gentle around baby’s back and keeps you and baby from overheating
- Barely there waistband and softly padded shoulder straps ensure a great fit over a wide range of body shapes and sizes, men and women.
- Straps can be worn crossed or rucksack style across parents back
- Dual direction tightening (straps can be tightened by pulling forwards or backwards)
- Well designed shaped hood that can be used for privacy, sun protection or rolled up for as an additional neck support pillow as needed
- Folds into a very compact bundle, perfect for popping into the changing bag or under the pram.
This carrier comes in 2 different finishes – all cotton or ‘sunshine’.
The cotton is beautifully soft and light and a great all year round choice. The solid colour cotton Kahu Baby’s are 100% certified organic cotton throughout, while the prints feature 100% certified organic straps and inner layer combined with a cotton print fabric outer layer.
The Sunshine Kahu Baby carriers are made from a woven polyester that is rated UPF50+, this fabric blocks 99% of the sun’s harmful UVA & UVB rays. The fabric feels soft, breathable, silky and actually cool to the touch! It’s also a wicking fabric, meaning you won’t feel sweaty in this carrier and that it dries extremely quickly (either after getting wet or washing). Making the Sunshine the ultimate warm weather sling. A great option for beach holidays, splashing about poolside or warm weather walks closer to home too. Plus add a jumper and you’d be plenty warm enough in winter too!
You can read my full review of this carrier here, or watch my video review below.
There are no reviews yet.