- Made from 100% Cotton.
- Weight tested from 3.5kg (8 lb) to 16 kg (35 lb).
- Realistically works right from day 1 for higher birth weight babies and strength of material means this carrier remains supportive as baby grows provided you get the tightness right.
- Fabric is not very stretchy and the one directional stretch means that this isn't the easiest wrap to pre-tie and pop baby in and out of. Works really well if you tie around you and baby (carry #3 shown here) but the standard pre-tie method can be tricky to get right making this wrap a little harder to use at first compared with the Hana Baby, Izmi Baby or Lifft wraps.
- The strength of the material does mean it can be a good choice for carrying twins, although the Izmi wrap remains my favourite for this.
- Fabric is very thick, wide, warm and relatively heavy. OK for use in the winter, but can quickly feel too hot in the spring, summer and early autumn.
In all honesty, the Moby wrap is not my favourite stretchy wrap for all the reasons I've blogged about before. But if you are expecting a winter baby or looking to tandem carry newborn twins, then it might be helpful. You can see how it compares to many other stretchy wrap brands here, and finally find all my tutorials on how to use stretchy wraps in a variety of different carries here.