We offer regular small group workshops covering a range of specific topics at Madeleine’s home. Topic descriptions and dates are given below. These workshops last around 2 hours and really allow us to focus in on the topic, allowing you plenty of time to try for yourself and come away really confident in which carrier or carriers will work for you and how to use them. Numbers are limited to a max of 5 families (babies are very welcome to come too) and cost is £15 for an individual or £20 for a couple/family. To book please use the form at the bottom of this page, or if you are interested in a particular workshop but don’t see a date please use the same form to register your interest and we’ll organise accordingly!
Alternatively, we can run a workshop with your own group in your own home or suitable location. Perfect for NCT groups or those with a shared interest. Simply email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or use the form below to get the ball rolling.
Workshops offered include;
- Introduction to Babywearing – aimed at expectant and new parents, this workshops covers an introduction to all 5 types of baby carriers, pros and cons of each type, sling safety and plenty of opportunity to try for yourself either with your own baby or with specially weighted dolls.
- Next Step Carriers – aimed at parents of 4-8 month olds who are either moving on from a newborn carrier or totally new to babywearing. We will take a look what the next step options are for growing babies from super supportive buckle carriers and Mei Tai to fast and lightweight Ring sling and pouches. Front, back and hip carries will all be explored. We will look at the pros and cons and help you work out what carrier types and what carries suit your family the best, and which brands give you the best fit – leaving you completely confident in what will work best for you going forward.
- Introduction to Woven Wraps – aimed at any parent interested in learning to wrap, this workshop will cover everything you need to get started from basic front and hip carries, to what to consider when buying your first wrap in terms of length, thickness, and brand etc.
- Mastering Back Carries with a woven wrap – aimed at any parent wishing to learn how to get their little ones on their back in a woven wrap. This workshop covers methods for getting baby on and off your back safely, considerations when back carrying and of course plenty of time to master basic back carries. If time allows, variations of these carries for different sized wraps will also be discussed.
Or tell us what you’d like to learn and we can offer bespoke workshops too! Again please use the form below to register your interest.
- Dates for 2019 TBC … message us to register interest and pick a date that suits you!
If you don’t see the workshop your interested in or a date that’s convenient, we have on going lists of registered interest for each topic … and contact those on the lists to schedule workshops as soon as there is enough interest for that topic. So please do use the form below to register you interest and we will get back to you shortly!
Please use the form to book onto a workshop, and we’ll be in touch to confirm your space. Please also use this form if you’d like to express interest in a particular workshop (and/or suggest dates that might work better for you) or express interest in setting up a bespoke workshop.