We offer regular small group workshops covering a range of specific topics at Madeleine’s home. Topic descriptions and dates are given below. These workshops last around 2 hours and really allow us to focus in on the topic, allowing you plenty of time to try for yourself and come away really confident in which carrier or carriers will work for you and how to use them. Numbers are limited to a max of 5 families (babies are very welcome to come too) and cost is £15 for an individual or £20 for a couple/family. To book please use the form at the bottom of this page, or if you are interested in a particular workshop but don’t see a date please use the same form to register your interest and we’ll organise accordingly!
Alternatively, we can run a workshop with your own group in your own home or suitable location. Perfect for NCT groups or those with a shared interest. Simply email us (email@example.com) or use the form below to get the ball rolling.
Workshops offered include;
- Introduction to Babywearing – aimed at expectant and new parents, this workshops covers an introduction to all 5 types of baby carriers, pros and cons of each type, sling safety and plenty of opportunity to try for yourself either with your own baby or with specially weighted dolls.
- Perfect Buckles – we will compare different features offered by different brands, explore different positions offered (front, hip and back carries as well as pros and cons of forward facing) and most importantly will work on getting the best fit for you. This workshop will best suit parents of 4-8 month olds and is aimed at those moving on from a newborn carrier or those totally new to babywearing.
- Introduction to Woven Wraps – aimed at any parent interested in learning to wrap, this workshop will cover everything you need to get started from basic front and hip carries, to what to consider when buying your first wrap in terms of length, thickness, and brand etc.
- Mastering Back Carries with a woven wrap – aimed at any parent wishing to learn how to get their little ones on their back in a woven wrap. This workshop covers methods for getting baby on and off your back safely, considerations when back carrying and of course plenty of time to master basic back carries. If time allows, variations of these carries for different sized wraps will also be discussed.
Or tell us what you’d like to learn and we can offer bespoke workshops too! Again please use the form below to register your interest.
- Perfect Buckles – Saturday 15th July, 10am to 12pm
- Introduction to Babywearing – Saturday 22nd July, 10am-12pm
- Perfect Buckles – Saturday 16th September, 10am-12pm
- Introduction to Babywearing – Saturday 14th October, 10am-12pm
Please use the form to book onto a workshop, and we’ll be in touch to confirm your space. Please also use this form if you’d like to express interest in a particular workshop (and/or suggest dates that might work better for you) or express interest in setting up a bespoke workshop.