We can offer a wide range of workshops aimed at small groups covering a range of specific topics – at Madeleine’s home or venue of your choice.
These workshops last around 2 hours and work best for groups comprising of between 3 and 6 families. Ideally friends with babies or bumps at a similar age and stage. In the workshop we will really focus in on the topic, allowing you plenty of time to try for yourself and come away really confident in which carrier or carriers will work for you and how to use them.
Cost is £15 for an individual (plus baby or bump!) or £20 for a couple/family (plus baby or bump!). To book or register interest in booking for your group please email us (email@example.com) or use the form below to get the ball rolling.
Each workshop we run is bespoke for that particular group, we can be totally flexible and tailor the session around your groups needs! Examples of commonly booked workshops include;
- Introduction to Babywearing – aimed at expectant and new parents, this workshops covers an introduction to all 5 types of baby carriers, pros and cons of each type, sling safety and plenty of opportunity to try for yourself either with your own baby or with specially weighted dolls.
- Introduction to Babywearing Twins – aimed at expectant and new parents of multiples, this workshop covers the main options on the market for twins. We look at the logistics of wearing 1 baby at a time and both together, the pros and cons of different options, how carrying changes as your babies grown and sling safety. All with plenty of opportunity to try for yourself either with your own baby or with specially weighted dolls.
- Next Step Carriers – aimed at parents of 4-8 month olds who are either moving on from a newborn carrier or totally new to babywearing. We will take a look what the next step options are for growing babies from super supportive buckle carriers and Mei Tai to fast and lightweight Ring sling and pouches. Front, back and hip carries will all be explored. We will look at the pros and cons and help you work out what carrier types and what carries suit your family the best, and which brands give you the best fit – leaving you completely confident in what will work best for you going forward.
- Introduction to Woven Wraps – aimed at any parent interested in learning to wrap, this workshop will cover everything you need to get started from basic front and hip carries, to what to consider when buying your first wrap in terms of length, thickness, and brand etc.
- Mastering Back Carries with a woven wrap – aimed at any parent wishing to learn how to get their little ones on their back in a woven wrap. This workshop covers methods for getting baby on and off your back safely, considerations when back carrying and of course plenty of time to master basic back carries. If time allows, variations of these carries for different sized wraps will also be discussed.
Or simply tell us what you’d like to learn and we will tailor your workshop to meet these needs!
Please use the form to express an interest in booking a workshop for yourself and your small group.