Friendly and free, our Sling Clinic sessions are perfect for anyone who;
- Has some idea of what they would like to try
- Would like to see, try on and compare a couple of different brands
- Would like to hire a carrier
- Has a carrier already that they would like help with
- Has specific questions they’d like to ask
- Are happy learning in a busy small group format
These sessions run in a small group format with no more than 8 families present at a time. Sessions last 60 minutes and we pack alot into a short amount of time so please do try to come for the whole session if you can to ensure you get the most out of it! Families with similar needs will be grouped to maximise the time you have to try, explore and receive personalised help and advice. You are welcome to bring along carriers you already own and try anything in the library collection. Booking is essential and details provided on the booking form (below) will help me ensure I have a good selection of slings and carriers available on the day that meet your needs.
These sessions work best for those who are happy learning in a group format, who like to see and learn from others. Each family will have time to be shown or helped with 1 thing (either a carrier they already own, something from the collection or a specific questions or two). If you find learning in a small group enviroment challenging, or if you totally new to Babywearing and would like to explore different types of carriers for different situations, or have been fortunate enough to have been gifted several carriers that you would like help with it is unlikely we will have enough time during one session. If this is you – you would likely benefit from booking a private consultation or online consultation instead, where we will be able to spend much more time and really be able to focus in depth on you and your babies needs. If you are unsure whether Sling Clinic or a Private consultation would suit you back I explain in more depth here.
While there are currently over 100 carriers in the library collection – it is usually only possible to transport around 25-30 carriers to the Children’s Centre sessions. So if you are coming to try a particular carrier or would like to buy something please do put this on the booking form below or email me to ensure I pack accordingly. Finally, please note that Madeleine receives no independent funding to run these free sessions. She donates her time (typically 12-15 hours a month total), professional insurance and use of the library collection for these sessions. Each of the volunteers present on the day also donate their time and the Children’s Centres kindly make the venue availabile at no cost to Sheen Slings. You are welcome to attend for free and there is no pressure to hire, donate or buy anything. If you would like to contribute to keeping these sessions viable you are welcome to make a donation if you would like to support these sessions using the Buy Me A Coffee link on this page, or in person at the session.
The How, Where, When and Cost
We run currently 4 Sling Clinic sessions per month at;
- Kingston Town Children’s Centre; 40 Villiers Road, Kingston, KT1 3AR. Session is free to attend, donations are appreciated. I run two back to back sessions 60 minute sessions of upto 8 families each. Please do try to attend the whole 60 minute session as I group families with similar needs, and can’t guarentee to repeat anything already covered earlier in the sesson.
- 12-1pm and 1-2pm Monday 6th March
- (no session in April due to Easter Holidays)
- (no session in May due to the two Bank Holidays meaning venue is closed the only days they have space for us).
- 12-1 pm and 1-2pm Monday 5th June
- 12-1 pm and 1-2pm Monday 3rd July
- Old Malden Children’s Centre; Lawrence Avenue, New Malden, KT3 5NB. Session is free to attend, donations are appreciated. The session runs as a single 90 minute session for upto 10 families. Please do try to attend the whole session as I group families with similar needs, and can’t guarentee to repeat anything already covered earlier in the sesson.
- 1-2.30pm Monday 20th March
- 1-2.30pm Monday 24th April
- 1-2.30pm Monday 22nd May
- 1-2.30pm Monday 19th June
- 1-2.30pm Monday 17th July
- Barnes Children’s Centre; 67b Lower Richmond Road, Mortlake, London, SW17 7HJ. Session is free to attend, donations are appreciated. The session runs as a single 60 minute session for upto 7 families. Please do try to attend the whole session as I group families with similar needs, and can’t guarentee to repeat anything already covered earlier in the sesson.
- 1-2pm Wednesday 19th April
- 1-2pm Wednesday 17th May
- 1-2pm Wednesday 14th June
- 1-2pm Wednesday 12th July
Booking is essential. Please use the form at the bottom of this page to book for your prefered date and venue. For Old Malden there is a single session, while at Kingston there are two seperate sessions. Please indicate on the form below if you have a preference for 12pm or 1pm. I will do my best to honour your preference, however, I may ask if it is possible for you to come to the earlier or later session if I think there is another family or families with similar needs to you that it will work well for both of you to be paired up with.
Please note that numbers are limited, to ensure we have a number I can see in the given time and to ensure the session doesn’t feel over crowed. Occassionally, the sessions completely book out and there is a small waiting list, so if your plans change and you are no longer able to attend please do get in touch to cancel your booking. Even if it is short notice, please either cancel or drop us a quick email to email@example.com so I can inform any families on the waiting list. Please also note that time is limited to approximately 10 minutes per family so this usually equates to being shown 1 thing and being able to try other options on your own or watching others. If you have more than 1 carrier you’d like help with or want to try several different carriers of different types it is unlikely we will be able to cover everything in this one session. You are welcome to come back to a future session or you might find a private consultation more suitable. Not sure if Sling Clinic or a Private Consult is best for you? – Check out my blog post here or YouTube video explaining the differences at the bottom of this page.
If you don’t see a date, time and location that works for you, please note I offer private consultations and online consultations at ANY mutually agreeable time – weekends or weekdays. I also offer both postal hires and doorstep collection hires, so if you already know what you’d like to try you can hire without attending a session. New dates are arranged on a termly basis, so please do check back regularly if you are looking for dates further ahead.
Please note that this form doesn’t send an automatic confirmation, I will book you in and confirm directly within 48-72 hours. If you haven’t heard within 72 hours please do reach out here. (For those booking for 5th of June, note I am on annual leave 27th May until 4th of June so please forgive me if you don’t hear until I get back late on the evening of the 4th of June – I might not have access to the bookings while I am away. I promise I will reply that evening if I am unable to do so before).
Not sure if Sling Clinic or a Private consultation is better for you? I explain the difference between these two services in full here: