I get asked loads of questions on all kinds of babywearing and carrier related topics – and many of the same questions and themes come up time and time again. So I’ve started to write articles covering the most common questions… usually in during a sling library session I only get about 30 seconds to answer and so I have really enjoyed writing these articles to allow me to give much more full answers!
The articles are grouped loosely by topic … simply click on the question to read the full article….
Sling Library Questions
- Three things I want you to feel when you access one of my services
- What can I expect at a Sling Library Session?
- Day in the Life of a Sling Librarian
- How is the Sling Library Funded?
- How do doorstep hires work?
- New Social distancing friendly services and options for remote Babywearing help and advice
- Private Consults are back! In my garden with new Safety measures…
- When can I start carrying? What if I had a C-section?
- Can I use a buckle carrier for a newborn? Which is the best?
- Why I don’t think you should buy a buckle carrier before your baby is born
- Self confidence and baby carriers and why “easier” isn’t always better.
- Stretchies! Aren’t they all the same?
- How do I tie a stretchy wrap? What else can you do with a stretchy wrap?
- How do I support baby’s head in a stretchy wrap?
- How to tighten a stretchy wrap without taking it off
- How do I tie a stretchy wrap without putting my baby down first?
- Legs in or out in a stretchy wrap?
- What’s the difference between a one way and a two way stretchy wrap?
- What is a Caboo?
- Which Caboo? and updated 2019 models comparison
- How to use the Caboo – 9 ways to wear a Caboo
- How to thread a Close Caboo
- My favourite newborn carriers
- Battle of the Newborn Specialist carriers – comparing the Izmi Baby, Ergobaby Embrace and Baby Bjorn Mini
- How to use the Ergobaby Embrace – 5 tutorials with this soft newborn carrier
- Help! My carrier is too big for my baby – fit tips for fitting a newborn into a larger buckle carrier
- Knots or Buckles – which is better?
- Is it possible to carry my child in a high shoulder burp position in a carrier?
- Antimicrobial carriers – how do they work? Are they worth it?
- The facts about Forward Facing
- The Myth of the bad carrier (is this carrier bad for my baby?)
- How to use a scarf to extend the width of a Baby Bjorn or other narrow based carrier
- Which carrier is most popular? (the fallacy of the most popular carrier)
- How do I get a better fit with my buckle carrier?
- Which Ergo?
- What is the difference between the Beco Gemini and the Gemini Cool?
- What is the difference between the Beco Gemini and the Beco 8?
- How do I carry my baby forward facing?
- When can I start carrying my baby forward facing?
- How do I do a hip carry with a buckle carrier?
- How do I switch between a front and hip carry without taking my carrier off?
- How do I get baby on my back in a buckle carrier?
- How do I get baby on my back with a half buckle or Meh Dai?
- How long will my buckle carrier last?
- Why I hate the term toddler carrier
- Toddler carriers compared
- But won’t they be walking by then?
- What size do I need?
- What does gsm mean? How thick or thin is that?
- What brands do you recommend?
- How to secure your woven wrap – knots and other finishes
- Knots – Double knot
- Knots – Slip Knot and Ring Finish
- Winter babywearing, the hows and whats of figuring out how to leave the house in the cold and the rain
- How to keep Baby’s legs warm in Slings and Carriers
- Summer Babywearing – Keeping Safe in the Hot Weather
- Summer Baby Carriers – My Top Picks for Warm Weather Babywearing
- What is an anti-microbial carrier? How does this work and do you need one?
- How do you neatly fold up a buckle carrier?
- How do I wash my carrier?
- How do I use a Bundlebean Babywearing cover on my back?