New to the UK, KAYA are a Bulgarian based brand whose gorgeous carriers are being brought to the UK by London based Babywearing shop Nomad Children. Their range includes woven wraps, ring slings, full buckle carriers, meh dai and stretchy wraps.
Here I review their full buckle carrier, which is made from their beautifully soft woven wrap material. The soft material and adjustability of this carrier means that it is soft and moulds beautifully around your child to give them a great fit.
To see it in action and hear my full thoughts, please watch the video below!
Vital facts about this carrier:
- Adjusts in both width and height to allow the carrier to a perfect fit for babies from 8/10 weeks or so all the way through to toddlerhood.
- Waistband is wide and relatively well padded at the sides (unpadded at the centre) and is worn apron style which means it can be worn quite high and good for those with relatively shorter torsos.
- Wide and firmly padded shoulder straps, which are designed to be worn in "ruck sack style". theoretically it is possible to cross the straps over parents back but in reality this is challenging.
- Offers two carrying positions - front carry and back carry. Back carry is relatively low compared to some other carriers.
- Has a detachable hood which attaches via poppers.