Whenever someone is asking me about buying their first woven wrap I always say first and foremost buy something you love. Yes things like weight and length do make difference, but you also have to love it. If it’s a design and colour that you love then you’ll wear it loads, you’ll learn new carries as your baby grows and use it in different ways all because you love using it.
I bought this wrap because I love it. I absolutely adore the colours! This wrap makes me smile every time I wear it. I reach for it on grey cloudy days because its cheers me up, I reach for it on sunny days because it looks so cheerful in the sun! Really anyday, any weather … for me its just perfect!
I bought this wrap while 5 months pregnant with Rachel very much for me, but this has since become a library carrier too. And a very popular library carrier too because;
- The stripes make this a very easy wrap to learn with. The stripes on Earthy Rainbow are just perfect to demo with and perfect for anyone who is new to wrapping because they make it so easy to see what is going on while your getting the hang of tightening.
- Its really soft. I bought this second hand and it was already soft, floppy and really well broken in. I’ve now had it for another 2 years and its just blankety soft, absolutely perfect for putting a brand new baby in (or quite equally a growing toddler)
- It’s very easy to look after. It can be machine washed and tumbled dried so no need to worry about baby sick or accidently being dragged through a muddy puddle. Likewise its a relatively tight weave so its not prone to pulls or broken threads – in fact in 2 years of use its never had a single pull which is frankly amazing in my house! All my other wraps have several. So I can feel free to throw this wrap in my change bag or in the bottom of my cargo bike without panicking about it becoming damaged.
- It’s not too thick and not too thin. At 215 gsm this is a thin or medium-thin wrap which means it doesn’t feel too much with a brand new baby but equally is strong enough for a growing toddler.
- Its a size 6, which is many peoples base size and thus the perfect place to start if your trying a wrap for the first time. As this is a thin/medium-thin wrap I prefer it in a longer size as this means I can do multi-layer carries that are still very comfortable for carrying a growing toddler. Generally speaking I prefer thicker wraps in shorter sizes and thinner wraps in longer sizes.