The Izmi Carrier is one of very very few buckle carriers that are truly brilliant with a newborn baby. The reason for this is a cleverly designed system for very simply adjusting the width of this carrier enabling you to give your baby an exact fit - whether your baby is a term 8lb or a tiny pre-term sub-6lb. And ensuring that whatever size baby starts at, the carrier will grow with baby right through their first year, offering 4 different carrying positions to accommodate different ages and stages and nosiness levels! A flexible headrest ensures comfort and support exactly where baby needs it when they need it, and an optional booster cushion gives increased options for the littlest ones. The soft, light fabric won't cause you and baby to overheat and makes this carrier feel more like a wrap than a buckled style carrier and means this is just as comfortable to wear for hours round the home as out and about on a long walk.
The lightweight design means this carrier packs down tiny, making it a fantastic option to have in the change bag or under the pushchair for when you need it, or as the perfect holiday travel carrier. The soft, spreadable shoulder straps can be worn crossed or rucksack style and can be tightened by pulling forwards or backwards - meaning that this is a carrier that will work for a wide range of parent shapes and sizes and for different degrees of flexibility and arm mobility. Because it is so lightweight and the straps so adjustable this is a carrier that can work really well for smaller frames in particular.
- Weight tested from 3.2 kg (7lb) to 15 kg (33lb)
- Realistically works right from day 1, and can work really well for lower birth weight babies and those born prematurely
- Made from 2 layers of light-weight, soft, cotton canvas
- Simple headrest can be poppered in a number of different ways to give support to the head and neck exactly where it is needed
- Adjustable width ensures this carrier will grow with baby offering ideal support all the way from newborn through to 1 year.
- Optional cushion for the smallest babies
- Offers 4 carrying positions (Front inward, Front Outward, Hip and Back)
- Soft flexible waistband paired with wide, spreadable wrap style shoulder straps ensure a great fit over a wide range of body shapes and sizes, men and women.
- Shoulder straps can be worn crossed or rucksack style across parents back
- Dual direction tightening means straps can be tightened by pulling forwards or backwards.
- Very easy to use
- Folds into a very compact bundle, perfect for popping into the changing bag or under the pram
This carrier comes in 2 different finishes - cotton or "Breeze" mesh. Both are wonderfully light and cool and definitely cool enough for the British summer. The Breeze features an extra-breathable mesh panel to increase ventilation and airflow. While not quite as soft as the cotton this is still soft enough for newborn skin and can be a great option for those in warmer climates or prone to feeling over-warm.
You can read my full review of this carrier here
or watch my video review...
There are no reviews yet.