The Tula Explore is the first carrier from Tula that offers the option to forward face your baby!
See it explained in detail and in action here;
Key Features of the Tula Explore;
- It’s width and height can be adjusted through poppers which means this carrier doesn’t need infant inserts.
- Manufacturer recommends it for use for babies from just 3.2kg (7lb) all the way upto a fantastic 20kg (45lb). More realistically, however, I’d say this carrier works well from around 4 weeks through to 2 years old.
- For the baby it has very soft leg padding and a softly padded neck support pillow that can be placed in different positions for different ages and stages.
- Offers 3 carrying positions – front inward, front facing outward and back carry position. This carrier does not easily offer a hip carry position.
- For the parent it has a fairly wide and firmly padded sturdy waistband, and it’s shoulder straps are bulky but soft and moldable. The long webbing but short padded part means this carrier is one that can fit both women and men very well and both the petite and the plus sized. Straps are designed to be worn “rucksack” or H style, and do not cross across the back.
- It also has a detachable hood and a pocket on the waistband for small things like phone and keys.
All in all this is a fab option for someone looking for a sling that will last into toddler hood, want to forward face and are most comfortable with straps in ruck sack style. It is very similar to the Ergo Omni 360, in terms of shape and size. The main differences being that this carrier is a little simpler to use with the absence of buckles to do up at the shoulder straps but offers a bit less flexibility than the Omni as it doesn’t offer a hip position or the ability to cross straps across the back. The Tula Explore retails at £154.90