£99.50 – £105.00
Simple unfussy design makes this carrier a real winner. With no inserts or fussy bits, this carrier easily adjusts with just a couple of poppers to fit babies from just 2 or 3 weeks old all the way until 18 months. 4 different carrying positions means that all ages and stages are catered for by this sleek simple little carrier. But perhaps the best feature of all is how well it fits both women and men of all shapes and sizes. Combining a firmly padded wide waistband with softly padded non bulky shoulder straps, this carrier is amazingly comfortable and supportive.
The unique selling point of the Beco Gemini is how it fits. While most carriers are either heavily padded or lightweight, the Beco Gemini is unique in combining a well padded firm waist band with softly padded shoulder straps. This gives the wearer great support and weight transference onto their waist and hips, while feeling light and unbulky on the shoulders. It’s honestly no wonder that this carrier is one of the most popular in the library collection.
- Weight tested from 3.2 kg (7 lb) to 16 kg (35 lb)
- Realistically fits babies all the way from just 2 or 3 weeks old until approximately 18 months
- Offers 4 carrying positions (Front inward, Front Outward, Hip and Back)
- Panel adjusts in both width and height so will grow with baby
- Wide softly padded straps can be worn crossed or rucksack style across parents back
- Firmly padded waistband offers secure comfort
- Small pocket on waistband for small valuables
- Machine washable (30 degrees, line dry)
- EU Safety Standard: EN13209-2 Soft Carriers Certified
This carrier comes in 2 main finishes – all cotton or the “Cool” mesh. While the fit of the carrier in terms of how it fits both parent and baby is identical between both finishes, the two finishes do feel quite different. The “cool” is a lot more lightweight. This is partly because the mesh fabric is lighter, but also because there is no padding in the panel. On the standard cotton Gemini there is a layer of padding inside the panel of the carrier that gives a thick squishy feel to the whole body of the carrier. In the Cool this padding is gone and consequently this finish is both lighter and folds up much smaller (to less that half the size of the standard cotton).
You can read our full review of this carrier here and see our video comparison of the cotton verses the “Cool” here
|Dimensions||35 × 24 × 10 cm|
Scribble, Nimbus, Wave, Turbine, Cool Mesh Grey, Cool Mesh Navy, Cool Mesh Black, Cool Mesh Muse