Key Features of the Beco Gemini:
- Weight tested from 3.2 kg (7 lb) to 16 kg (35 lb)
- Realistically fits babies all the way from just 3 or 4 weeks old until approximately 18 months
- Offers 4 carrying positions (Front inward, Front Outward, Hip and Back)
- Panel adjusts in both width and height so will grow with baby
- Wide softly padded straps can be worn crossed or rucksack style across parents back
- Firmly padded waistband offers secure comfort
- Small pocket on waistband for small valuables
The Beco Gemini is signficantly less bulky compared to the Ergobaby Omni Breeze, while still offering all the same positions and functions. Consequently, it's a really popular choice - particularly amoung more petite parents or those who have tried the Ergobaby and wanted something lighter weight. It is also retails at almost half the price of the Ergobaby too! So is a great budget friendly option too.
Hire it and see how it works for you! If you are unsure at any point during your hire you are welcome to mail me any questions or worries and are always welcome to send a photo or two for a quick fit check
And if you love it, the best price can be found on Amazon (and using this link earns me a small commission at no extra cost to you).
Note this carrier comes in 2 finishes - all cotton or the "Cool" mesh. While the fit of the carrier in terms of how it fits both parent and baby is identical between both finishes, the two finishes do feel quite different. The "cool" is a lot more lightweight. This is partly because the mesh fabric is lighter, but also because there is no padding in the panel. On the standard cotton Gemini there is a layer of padding inside the panel of the carrier that gives a thick squishy feel to the whole body of the carrier. In the Cool this padding is gone and consequently this finish is both lighter and folds up much smaller (to less that half the size of the standard cotton). You can see both compared here. Our Nimbus hire carrier is a standard cotton while the Navy and Grey ones are Cool Mesh.