- 50% cotton, 50% hemp medium weight wrap (~250 gsm, more on gsm and thickness here)
- The "alchemy" jacard weave of this wrap is a relatively loose weave which means it is quite an airy, breathable wrap. Certainly cooler to wear than other brand wraps of the same thickness. The loose weave also give this wrap a very comfortable, very supportive feel.
- Realistically works brilliantly right from newborn through to as long as you want to carry. The cotton (midnight) side is wonderfully soft and perfect against newborn skin. While the hemp (spindrift/silver side) lends a fabulous strength to this wrap making it more than strong enough for carrying older toddlers and preschoolers.
- Size 4 (actually a relatively long size 4 at ~3.9m long, with tapered ends)
- Tie it to fit you and baby exactly!
- For most parents a size 4 is great for 2 layer carries such as Kanagroo, Ruck, Half Jordans carry, Robins Hip carry, Coolest Hip carry, Semi Front wrap Cross Carry, Front Reinforced Torso Carry, Double Hammock tied at shoulder and many many more. These are all great options if you want something a bit cooler and quicker than a 3 layer carry but still with the support of 2 layers. More on different size wraps and what size to go for here. If you are unsure please do get in touch and I will advise.
- Stunning seafoam design has a distinct top, middle and bottom and the different sides of the wrap are differently coloured - which means that this wrap is very beginner friendly as you can easily see the different parts of the wrap helping you to get the hang of tightening and to easily see if you’ve twisted the wrap. Great for people who want a beginner friendly wrap that looks gorgeous and doesn't look like a beginner wrap!
- Stunning seafoam design and timeless colour combination makes this wrap a wonderful choice for wearing baby at a wedding or other special event.
- Hemp has thermo-regulating properties. It is a hollow fibre which makes it breathable and thus will keep you cooler in the summer than an all cotton wrap of a similar thickness. Conversly in the winter, air in those hollow spaces acts as an insulator to keep you warmer than an equivalent all cotton wrap. Hemp also has a higher tensile strength compared to cotton which makes this wrap feel very strong, supportive and sturdy. Making it a great choice for older babies, toddlers and beyond year round.
- Width is 68cm which is average for a woven wrap and a perfect width for having lots to spread over baby without feeling inundated with too much width.
Firespiral are one of my personal all time favourite brands. I had several in different colourways and designs when carrying my own children because I adored how soft and how easy these wraps were to use and wear. Plus I absolutely adored the natural world inspired designs, and of all these the seafoam design was always my favourite.
This wrap is a fab option for anyone looking to try a mid-lenght woven wrap and see how it works for them.
Find all my woven wrap tutorials to date here.
If you are unsure at any point during your hire you are welcome to message me with any questions or worries and are always welcome to send a photo or two for a quick fit check.