Key Features of the Ergobaby Adapt Soft Air Mesh;
- Weight tested from 3.2 kg (7 lb) to 20 kg (45 lb)
- Realistically fits babies all the way from 6 weeks old to around 2 or even 2.5 years of age
- Made from soft, breathable mesh fabric
- Offers 3 carrying positions; Front inward, Hip and Back. This carrier doesn't not offer an outward facing position, for outwards facing check out the Ergobaby Omni Breeze instead
- Adjustable seat to adjust carrier width (no infant insert or overtly fiddly bits)
- Adjustable head support to adjust carrier height as baby grows
- Integrated tuck-away hood for privacy and sun protection (UPF 50+)
- Straps can be worn crossed or rucksack style across parents back
- Adjusts to accomodate a very wide range of parent shapes and sizes, from petite to plus sized. Men and women alike. Waistbelt range is 45.4cm to 145cm and shorter padding at the shoulders means this carrier tends to fit very petite parents better than the earlier Ergobaby models.
- Lumbar support for comfort
The Adapt is a really unrated carrier, and undeservedly so. Compared to the Omni models this carrier actually gives baby a nicer, wonderfully fitted shape that really adjusts and grows with baby. This is because it doesn't offer outward facing and so this wonderfully fitted shape isn't interupted by the things that are needed to allow for outward facing. Additionally, because it doesn't have all this extra bulky engineering to allow forward facing it is a good deal cheaper than the Omni models to purchase. Making the Adapt a great option if you are not bothered by the option to outward face your baby.
You can read more about the pros and cons of forward facing here. Other carriers worth considering along size the Adapt include the Tula Free to Grow and the Manduca XT - all of which offer a really lovely fitted shape and positioning.
Hire it and see how it fits you! You will find fit tips here, but if you are unsure at any point during your hire you are welcome to email me any questions or worries and are always welcome to send a photo or two for a quick fit check
And if you love it, I offer a £15 discount off the purchase price of a new one to anyone who hires first so you don't lose out to try before you buy!