- Weight tested from 3.2 kg (7 lb) to 15 kg (33 lb)
- Realistically fits babies from around 8 weeks old to around 18 months
- Made from soft breathable mesh
- Offers 3 carrying positions (Front inward facing, Front outward facing and Back carry). Although, the back carry position can be quite low and a bit fiddly to do so many parents move onto another carrier before this stage.
- Carrier width adjusts very simply via zips allowing this carrier to grow with your baby
- Carrier features infant insert and fold down flap to allow you to adjust the height of the carrier, although the flap can sometimes be a bit fiddly to actually keep it folded down!
- Internal harness, so you fit parent first and then baby slots in after via slide and release buckles
- The harness sits over the chest so often doesn’t work well for those who are breastfeeding, are large chested or are sensitive to pressure on their breasts.
- For the parent, this carrier assumes a very long torso. Consequently, it works best for anyone over 5ft10 (approx 175cm). This carrier works best on parents who are tall and relatively slender to average build. It doesn’t tend to fit very petite parents nor plus sized parents at all well. In fact there are a lot of people it doesn’t fit well!
The Baby Bjorn One is a carrier that I am requested loads, but actually it only fits quite a small subset of parents. Generally, those who are tall but relatively slim to average in terms of broadness, and those that are relatively flat chested. For carriers that offer a much wider fit range but offer the same carrying positions I recommend looking at the Ergobaby Omni Breeze, Tula Explore and the Beco Gemini. If you really like the idea of an internal harness carrier or really like the look of the Baby Bjorn carriers – then the Baby Bjorn Harmony definitely fits a wider range of parents and gives a softer nicer shaping for baby too and is definitely worth considering too.
Find my full, detailed review of the Baby Bjorn One here.
Rent for 2, 4 or 12 weeks. Date selected will be the date the carrier will be posted for and should arrive on or near that date. In case of post taking a little longer, just let us know and your full 2, 4 or 12 week hire will be honoured from the date the carrier arrived with you. Return date is the date you post back - you do not need to post early to arrive back by that date. If you wish to collect in person from my home (SW14 7HU), please select the date you wish to collect on, and then select local collection at check out. If the date you'd like to collect on isn't showing, please get in touch as it will likely be possible to arrange a short notice collection.
During your hire if you have any questions or worries please do get in touch. If you'd like to send a photo or two for a quick fit check please do!
Please note that slings and carriers are extremely safe when used properly, however misuse can cause injury to yourself or your child. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are using the sling correctly and that you and your child are safe at all times when using the sling. If you are at all worried or concerned at all please do get in touch and ask for help. Sheen Slings cannot be held responsible for any accident that results in injury or death whilst the sling is in your care.
You remain responsible for the sling or carrier for the duration of your hire. Loss or damaged will be charged at cost of replacement so please look after the carrier and treat it as you would something of your own. That said, normal wear and tear is expected so please do feel able to use it fully and there is no need to wash before sending it back as I rewash everything on return.
If you need to wash, this carrier can be machine washed at 30 degrees with a liquid detergent, and then left to dry overnight. However, in most cases spot cleaning with a soft damp cloth works wonders and saves you needing to wash the whole carrier.
There are no reviews yet.