- Weight tested from 3 kg (6.6 lb) to 20 kg (44 lb)
- Realistically works from within a couple of weeks after birth through to around 18 months to 2 years of age. The carrier will often continue to fit beyond 2 year but the stretchy material means that 18 months to 2 years is often more realistic in terms of parent comfort.
- Made from ultra soft Jersey fabric - 96% cotton, 4% lycra.
- Offers 3 carrying postions (front inwards and hip and back).
- Panel adjusts very simply in both width and height allowing it to grow incrementally with your baby.
- Unique top and bottom adjusters on the panel means that it is possible to get a really fitted shape and wonderful M shape or spread squat sitting position. This is genuinely one of the best carriers on the market in terms of adjustability and fit for baby as they grow.
- Lightly padded supportive waist belt is combined with lightly padded shoulder straps that can also spread to give more support. Straps are designed to be worn crossed over parents back when wearing baby on your front.
- Fits a wide range of parent shapes and sizes. This is a carrier that works particularly well for very petite parents as its sizes down very small. The soft fabric and long adjustable straps also fit parents of almost all shapes and sizes. However, it is not my top pick for larger plus sized parents. I would say this is a carrier that works realistically UK womens size 6 through to size 20, or mens XXS to XL.
- Features integrated sleep hood for supporting baby's head while they sleep
- Very similar to the Mamaruga Zebulo, but while the Zebulo is made from woven cotton, the Zen is made from ultra soft Jersey material. Making the Zen my top pick for those with newborns or those that really love the feel of soft jersey and are looking for a very soft, slightly stretchy carrier. But for those with slightly older babies looking for something that will last longer, or something that is cooler then I'd recommend the Zebulo instead.
Hire it and see how it fits you! If you are unsure at any point during your hire you are welcome to email me any questions or worries and are always welcome to send a photo or two for a quick fit check